Your membership includes all of our monthly meetings. Plus, the time spent with like minded professional and non-professional photographers within the community. For an 'active' member...that's 11 meetings for less than $13 per meeting.
Not a member...we'd still love for you to join us at our meetings. Non-members pay $25 for each meeting they'd like to attend.
Active Membership: $135 annually, per person
A photographer, studio owner or studio manager who has been actively engaged in photography for one (1) or more years, is dedicated to the elevation of the standards of professional photography. An active member must be available for assignments during a normal week, derive a major portion of their earned income from photography and must have a Texas State Sales Permit or be employed by an institution that has one. An active member may vote, hold office, serve on committees, be named in ads and represent the Association on both state and national levels.
Associate/Staff/Spouses: $85 annually
An associate member shall be the spouse or non-photographer staff member of any qualified active or affiliate member in good standing. An associate member may not vote, hold office or be named in ads, but may serve on committees.
Aspiring: $85 annually
An aspiring member is interested photography as an art, or learning about photography as a career. This is an entry-level membership category. Applicant is not currently a full-time professional photographer or artist and wishes to join the guild for educational purposes and to build associations with other working members. Aspiring status entitles member to BVPPA discounts and participation in BVPPA programs including: print competitions. Status does not include voting privileges, or eligibility to hold board positions, or to use the BVPPA logo in any form. Aspiring members must change their membership status to active after two (2) years to show good faith in their efforts to become a professional photographer.
A student member must be a current active student at a school, college or university. Membership is subject to discretion of the board and the student may not have voting privileges, hold office or have use of the approved logo. They may however, serve on committees.
- As this is a professional organization, members must present a tax ID number or business license.
- Membership year: January through December.
- Visitors and Guests-Meeting fee is now $25
Code of Ethics
Upon being accepted into membership in the Professional Photographers of Brazos Valley, an applicant will subscribe without reservation to this Code of Ethics. I, as a requirement for admission to and retention of membership and participation in Professional Photographers of Brazos Valley, a chapter of the Professional Photographers of America, agree to strive at all times to upgrade and improve my knowledge and skill as professional photographer, in marketing and related areas.
In all my dealings with the photographic industry and the general public, I will:
- Strive to present all photographic service in a manner that reflects the highest levels of professionalism.
- Deal with all users of photography and the general public with honesty and integrity.
- Refrain from use of any marketing or competitive practice, which violates any Federal Trade Commission, or other Federal or State regulatory agency rule or regulation, or Federal or State statute, and any decision of the federal or state courts in the jurisdiction where I conduct my business.
- Strive at all time to produce photography and photographic services in accordance with the highest levels of professionalism.
- Abide by any local or state codes and/or restrictions in any and all business practices.
- In all dealing with fellow professional photographers, students and others who aspire to be professional photographers I shall share my knowledge and skill of professional photography to my best ability.
- Support efforts for and assist in the education of all interested persons and the general public in the art and science of professional photography.